Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken

This chicken dish is another simple meal to prepare. I love using the slow cooker for meals. It makes chicken, beef, pork so tender. It's nice to be able to serve a dinner that takes such little effort, but tastes so good!

*Directions and ingredients are added below each photo.


Spray slow cooker with cooking spray to prevent sticking and easy clean up. Add about 1 cup of chicken or vegetable stock. I use the concentrated kind so that I can make the stock as thick or thin as desired. Turn Slow Cooker or Crock to High and allow to heat well. When stock is hot add 1-2 Tablespoons corn starch to thicken. Add less for thinner stock. Wisk & stir the corn starch well before adding chicken. Turn to low heat later in the day to avoid overcooking. 





Add chicken breasts well trimmed of any skin or fat. Cut thin. Top with fresh cilantro & seasoning of your choice. I used ground peppercorn. A splash of milk or almond milk if you desire a creamier sauce. I added Almond milk. I try to avoid seasoning with salt. The stock that you use will already have lots of flavor. I add Texas Pete Hot Sauce towards the end of cook time. I love hot & spicy chicken! 



The stock sauce will thicken as it cooks. Add fat free feta cheese as I have, or any cheese if desired. Turn the cooker to low, and allow to cook until desired tenderness. I love to cook it for a long time, and the chicken falls apart. The chicken can be served over rice or pasta, or alone. The stock sauce makes a nice low fat cream gravy. 



Give a good stir before serving. I used Thai Lime Rice, and top with the Creamy Chicken. Ladle the gravy over top. This dish is great served with a salad & fresh fruit. I used mandarin oranges. Not much work at all involved. Quick prep time! Delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment